My daughter is animal mad. She loves anything and everything animal related. Animal print clothes, pretending to be a wolf cub, watching Wild Kratts, and so on. I am a librarian, and so it follows that I love all things book related. I love the feel of books, the smell, and of course the reading experience. This inspired me to combine our passions and look at picture books about animals in the library. There is an unexpectedly large number of picture books featuring critters of some nature spending some quality time at their local library.
1. Dewey: There’s a Cat in the Library! by Vicki Myron and Bret Witter
2. Bats at the Library by Brian Lies
3. The Fox in the Library by Lorenz Pauli
4. Can I Bring Woolly to the Library, Ms. Reeder? by Lois G. Grambling
5. Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen
6. There’s a Dragon in the Library by Dianne de Las Casas
7. Library Mouse by Daniel Kirk
8. Dinosaur vs. the Library by Bob Shea
9. No T. Rex in the Library by Toni Buzzeo
You might want to look at A Library Book for Bear by Bonny Becker, Library Mouse: a Friend’s Tale by Daniel Kirk, Our Library by Eve Bunting, Library Mouse: Home Sweet Home by Daniel Kirk, Dewey’s Christmas at the Library by Vicki Myron and Bret Witter, Quiet! there’s a Canary in the Library by Don Freeman, and Llama in the Library by Johanna Hurwitz as well.