Did you know that there is a day to celebrate covering foods with chocolate? This year December 16th is Chocolate Covered Anything Day! Now, with whispers of a chocolate shortage have been present in the news lately it is even more important to celebrate this day with some fantastic treats. Chocolate covered fruit such as strawberries, banana, and pineapple are well known and loves and less obvious treats like chocolate covered pretzels and more savory treats have become more popular in recent years, a day like today is just the inspiration you might need to explore other less obvious pairings, like chocolate and bacon.
So, in honor of today cover your food in chocolate or simply make something tasty with it. Like all good things chocolate is better when shared so, in spirit of the holiday season, share some of your chocolate treats with your friends and family. Here are some books to give you chocolate related inspiration:
1. Chocolate: From Simple Cookies to Extravagant Showstoppers by Nick Malgieri
2. Chocolate: 90 Sinful and Sumptuous Indulgences by Elisabeth Johansson
3. The Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Making Sweets, Candy & Chocolates by Claire Ptak
4. The Essence of Chocolate: Recipes for Baking and Cooking with Fine Chocolate by John Scharffenberger and Robert Steinberg with Ann Krueger Spivack and Susie Heller
5. Chocolate and the Art of Low-Fat Desserts by Alice Medrich
6. Maida Heatter’s Book of Great Chocolate desserts by Maida Heatter
7. The Ghirardelli Chocolate Cookbook: Recipes and History from America’s Premier Chocolate Maker photography by Leigh Beisch
8. Chocolate Lover’s: From Hot Fudge Soufflé to Chilled Biscuit Cake by Chris and James Tanner
9. Bittersweet: Recipes and Tales from a Life in Chocolate by Alice Medrich
10. Seriously Bitter Sweet: The Ultimate Dessert Maker’s Guide to Chocolate by Alice Medrich
For even more chocolatey goodness and inspiration check out: Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn, Chocolate: A Sweet History by Sandra Markle, Chocolate: a Love Story: 65 Chocolate Dessert Recipes from Max Brenner’s Private Collection by Max Brenner, Pure Chocolate: Divine Desserts and Sweets from the Creator of Fran’s Chocolates by Fran Bigelow with Helene Siegel, Chocolate & Zucchini: Daily adventures in a Parisian Kitchen by Clotilde Dusoulier, 1000 Chocolate Baking & Dessert Recipes produced by the Bridgewater Book Company, Ltd, or Sweet Christmas: Homemade Peppermints, Sugar Cake, Chocolate-Almond Toffee, Eggnog Fudge, and other Sweet Treats and Decorations by Sharon Bowers.