New York Times and USA Today bestseller Jill Shalvis is the award winning author of over four dozen romance novels, including her sexy contemporary and award winning Lucky Harbor series. Forever and a Day was one of Amazon’s Top Romances for 2012). She won a Rita for Simply Irresistible and is a 3-time National Readers Choice winner as well. She also has one of the best author websites that includes her wonderfully entertaining and hilarious blog. She posts everyday and it is well worth your time to check it out.
On October 16th, Ms. Shalvis was a guest contributor to the Huffington Post’s Book section with her list of her favorite “alpha males” in fiction. Of course her number one alpha male is her husband, but her list includes some good picks. How many do you agree with!
1. Roarke – From JD Robb’s In Death series
2. Jamie – Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
3. Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
4. Hawk from Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley
5. Wrath from Dark Lover by JR Ward
6. Wolf from Mackenzie’s Mountain by Linda Howard
7. Piers Yelverton from When Beauty Tamed The Beast by Eloisa James
8. Archangel Raphael from Nalini Singh’s “Angel” series
9. Nick Allegrezza from Truly Madly Yours by Rachel GIbson
10. Ranger from Janet Evanovich’s “Stephanie Plum” series.