How our four-legged friends amuse, instruct, and inspire us! Many dog owners have been sufficiently inspired to write books dedicated to their canine companions, and their stories appeal to dog-people and non-dog-people alike. The bond between humans and their dogs is complex and unique, the power of an animal’s ability to change lives is uplifting and hopeful – a perfect combination for summer reading.
- Good Dog. Stay. by Anna Quindlen
- Lessons from Tara by David Rosenfelt
- A Big Little Life by Dean Koontz
- Dog Medicine by Julie Barton
- The Dog Stays in the Picture by Susan Morse
- A Dog Walks into a Nursing Home by Sue Halpern