Are you suffering from Spring Fever? Looking to clean house and purge your closets and cupboards while opening windows and letting the fresh air in? While the cleaning part might not be my favorite, I certainly enjoy the fresh, clean feel of my house when everything is spic and span. I feel even better when I get all that cleaning done without the use of the chemicals found in many commercial cleaners, which can also cost a small fortune.
The smell of a clean house that smells more like citrus and lavender is much more fun than one that smells like chemicals. It also feels a little safer to me when I know I am not using toxic chemicals around my children or pets, or on the things we all touch on a regular basis. If you are getting set to start your spring cleaning marathon, and want to do so a bit greener this year, here are some books that can offer ideas, recipes, and solutions for a greener clean this Spring.
1. Green-Up Your Cleanup by Jill Potvin Schoff
2. Greening Your Cleaning by Deirdre Imus
3. Green Clean: the Environmentally Sound Guide to Cleaning your Home by Linda Mason Hunter & Mikki Halpin
7. The Naturally Clean Home: Over 100 Safe and Easy Herbal Formulas for Nontoxic Cleansers by Karyn Siegel-Maier
10. The Eco-Living Handbook: a Complete Green Guide for your Home and Life by Sarah Callard and Diane Millis