Bill, our Head of Adult Services, has put together an online playlist of uplifting songs.
Music unites, inspires and comforts us. Songs express strength, joy and sadness. They are a common thread through our culture and our lives. Music unites us across the country. It ties us together whether we live in Connecticut, Florida or California – and these songs resonate across generations and offer hope in our troubled time.
This song list is dominated by Boomer Generation songs (alas, what can I say? I’m a Boomer) – but they are timeless inspirational tunes that speak to everyone.
(click on the artists’ names to see more titles by them in our physical collection):
- Lean On Me – Bill Withers
- In Times Like These – Mavis Staples
- The Weight – Robbie Robertson, Ringo Starr & others
- Bridge Over Troubled Water– Simon & Garfunkel
- You’ve Got a Friend – Carole King
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Secret of Life – James Taylor
- If You Want to Sing Out – Cat Stevens
- Here Comes the Sun – The Beatles
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’Ole