The Cheshire Library offers approximately 350 magazines on a wide variety of topics. There’s something here for everyone! Below is a list of the top 20 magazines that circulated during 2016.
1. People – An American weekly magazine of celebrity and human-interest stories, published by Time Inc. With a readership of 46.6 million adults, People has the largest audience of any American magazine.
2. The New Yorker Magazine – An American magazine of reportage, commentary, criticism, essays, fiction, satire, cartoons, and poetry. It is published by Condé Nast.
3. Rolling Stone – An American biweekly magazine that focuses on popular culture. It was founded in San Francisco in 1967 by Jann Wenner, who is still the magazine’s publisher.
4. Martha Stewart Living – An American monthly magazine featuring entertaining and home decorating. It is published by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.
5. National Geographic – An American monthly magazine focusing on geography, history, and world culture. It is published by National Geographic Partners.
6. Redbook – An American women’s magazine published monthly by the Hearst Corporation. It is one of the “Seven Sisters”, a group of women’s service magazines.
7. Cooking Light – Cooking Light is an American monthly food and lifestyle magazine. Each month, the magazine includes approximately 100 original recipes as well as editorial content covering food trends, fitness tips, and other culinary and health-related news.
8. Family Handyman – An American monthly home-improvement magazine, owned by the Reader’s Digest Association.
9. New York Times Magazine – A Sunday magazine supplement included with the Sunday edition of The New York Times. It is host to feature articles longer than those typically in the newspaper and has attracted many notable contributors. The magazine is also noted for its photography, especially relating to fashion and style.
10. Architectural Digest – An American monthly magazine featuring interior design, not architecture more generally, as the name of the magazine suggests. The magazine is published by Condé Nast.
11. Money – An American monthly magazine that covers the gamut of personal finance topics. Published by Time, Inc.
12. Time – An American weekly magazine published in New York City. It covers news in a very broad sense.
13. Prevention – An American monthly lifestyle magazine published by Rodale Press.
14. Cook’s Illustrated – An American cooking magazine published by America’s Test Kitchen in Brookline, Massachusetts, every two months.
15. O: The Oprah Magazine – An American monthly magazine founded by Oprah Winfrey and Hearst Corporation, primarily marketed at women.
16. Good Housekeeping – An American monthly women’s magazine owned by the Hearst Corporation, featuring articles about women’s interests, product testing by The Good Housekeeping Institute, recipes, diet, health as well as literary articles.
17. Country Living – An American monthly magazine focusing on cooking, decorating, gardening and antiques. It is published by Hearst Corporation.
18. Cosmopolitan – An American monthly magazine featuring articles on women’s issues. It is published by Hearst Corporation.
19. Traditional Home – An American magazine published 8 times a year. It features design and decorating for the affluent reader. It is published by Meredith Corporation.
20. Real Simple – An American monthly women’s interest magazine. It is published by Time, Inc.