Need to perk up a tired, out-of-date resume? Want to learn how to successfully navigate an interview? Like some suggestions on where to begin your job search?
We can help! JobNow is the name of a wonderful online service available via the Cheshire Public Library’s website.
You can find all kinds of job search assistance on this site from resume resources to interview tips and career assessments. You can also conduct a job search from the JobNow homepage. Search by job title, keyword or even company name. Refine your search by city, state, or zip code.
And the best part? JobNow coaches are available seven days a week 3:00PM – 11:00PM EST for live interview coaching.
Take a look at some of these great JobNow features:
- Resume Templates
- Hints, tips & explanations of how to write the perfect resume
- Free resume writing tutorial
- Resume Lab: Submit your resume & receive constructive comments from a resume expert
- Helpful tips for interview success
- Common Interview Questions & Sample Responses
- Questions to Ask the Interviewer
- Online Resources: Carefully-selected resources to help you prepare for your interview
There is even a section describing the don’ts of interviewing (like don’t wear cologne or perfume, don’t be negative, and please, don’t arrive late!)
And for those who want to change careers or who aren’t certain what type of work suits them, JobNow offers career self-assessment tools and career aptitude tests that can help you discover the type of work activities and occupations that you would like and find exciting. I tried some of the assessment tools and discovered that I should be working in a literary or technology career, which makes library work a perfect fit. I’d say those tests are pretty darn accurate.
So before you jump into the job market, take a look at JobNow. It can give you that edge you need to succeed.